Saturday, March 18, 2006

Words Remembered

"Courage!" --- shouted across a field somewhere in France --- "Courage!"
~one word is sometimes all it takes.


"We are only God's instruments. All He asks of us is to do His will; the results are His."
~written on a note in small writing.


"God bless you."
~said in a low voice and with deep emotion.


It is amazing to me how simple words can change how a situation is viewed, and, in doing so, have the power to change the situation itself. ...How uttering a sentence, a phrase, a word, can give someone courage, strength and/or patience to deal with something they thought impossible to handle.

The three quotes above are all words I go back to time and time again. The people they came from probably have no idea what they said stayed with me, and probably never will.

It makes me wonder if I have ever said anything to encourage one time...only to have it stick with that person for even longer.

3 comments:

Disciple said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Disciple said...

Yes, I agree.
Many, many situations come to mind where I found myself in a trying position with others and one word, just one word (or sometimes two), roared in an unyielding, hard- hearted manner can make the whole situation just disappear like a puff of smoke and those involved run away with their tails between their legs.
The right words uttered with enough contempt can work miracles!

I hang on every word you say Tracy!!

Disciple said...

Sorry, the deleted comment had some punctuation mistakes.