Thursday, February 23, 2006

Letter to a Love

My Darling,

My birthday has come and gone without any word from you. Did you not receive my last five letters? I am sure that you must have, for I have sent them all first-class. Father says that is the only way to go. I had many birthday greetings sent to me via first-class. Though none of them were from you. With every one I received, I hope yours would be the signature, but no. I'm sure you thought of me, though. And your friends Stephen, Luke and John remembered. Sweet boys. When are you going to write to me? Had I not perfect trust in your fidelity to me, I would be worried that I have not heard from you in so long. Though I am sure, with your work, you have not had time to meet many women, anyway. What with being in India and far away and surrounded by work.... I know how your work takes up your time, but don't you think you could spare a few moments to write a quick note? Do send it first-class. It's best sent that way. You didn't send it first-class last time, and Father says I should suggest it. I must go now. There is a dance down at the lighthouse tonight. Do take care of yourself, dearest. I hope your lack of correspondence has not been due to any kind of odd illness contracted over in that strange country. Please do write soon. I know you most miss me as much as I miss you, but it would be nice to hold the proof of it in my hand, and to be able to read it over and over again.

Lovingly,
Yours

5 comments:

Tracy said...

No, Christa, dear--it wasn't.

Tracy said...

It was well meditated.

Tracy said...

Though not easily understood.

Tracy said...

Ginny's catching on.

Tracy said...

::laughs!!:: Don't worry, Ginn. No one gets the Letters. It's all good. ::winks::