Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I Love Children

I was talking to my little brother the other day who reminded me of something Kolbe said about a year ago, and it was really cute, so I had to post it. Besides, Cathy would think it was funny if I did, so I am.... ;)

Kolbe, Ian and I were in the kitchen. I think they were finishing up lunch, and I had started on the dishes. As is usual with those two boys, a very...surprising...conversation took place:

~Ian: ::being random--saying random things--doing random things::
~Kolbe: ::talking about something which I can't quite recall now::
~Ian: ::I think he said a word Cathy didn't want the kids using, which reminded Kolbe a few words *he* knew which were inappropriate::
~Kolbe: "Yeah, Mom also doesn't want us using the 'S' word."
~Tracy: ::not too worried--had a pretty good idea of what was coming:: "Oh, really?"
~Kolbe: "Yeah." ::lowers his voice to a whisper:: "Shutup."
~Tracy: "Yeah, Kolbe, your mom is right. That's not a very nice word."
~Kolbe: ::looks around the kitchen to make sure nobody is sneaking up on him:: "I also know abother one."
~Tracy: "Really?" ::continues with dishes, not too concerned.
~Kolbe: "Uh huh. It's the ::whispers very softly:: 'F" word."
~Tracy: ::dishes discontinued:: "...What?" ::looks at the six year old sitting at the table::
~Kolbe: "Yeah. The one that ends either with a 'C' or a 'K'...I'm not sure which."
~Tracy: ::completely shocked and ready to interrogate Ian as to what TV show he was watching with Kolbe:: "Uuuh...Kolbe. What is this word?"
~Kolbe: "Well...I don't want to say it. It's bad."
~Tracy: "Yes, I know, Kolbe. But I think you should tell me, okay?"
~Kolbe: "Well...ookay...it's...::puts hands up to mouth and breathes:: ...freak!"
~Tracy: "Oh. Oh. Um. Okay. ...Hey, Kolbe...will you go tell Caitlin to come clear her plate from lunch?" ::Kolbe runs off::
~Ian and Tracy (and I think maybe Andrea): ::almost die from laughter::

1 comment:

Little Lizzie said...

::giggles:: That is really funny. :)