Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Dad

::shakes head:: I hate doing stuff like this. It's like, no matter how you word it, it tends to sound borderline melodramatic....

Okay, so, in an *un*melodramatic way, my dad was having chest pains today so my mom took him to the hospital. Every once in a while my dad gets terrible chest pain, and since heart trouble runs in the family, we're always afraid it's a heart attack. It never has been before--but they've also never been quite sure of what it actually was.

It's been a few months since my dad has had one of those chest attacks, but he had one earlier today. They said his EKG came back "grossly abnormal"...whatever that means...but that it didn't appear there was any "ongoing damage". Meaning? ::shrugs:: These are the times I wish I were a nurse. I think my mom said they didn't think he was having a heart attack, but that the results should he could have at some point, and he didn't know about it.

They are keeping my dad overnight, and a cardiologist is going to see him tomorrow. They are checking to see if his stent--which he had put in a few years ago--is clogged, or if there are any other narrowings. But he's stable now. ...I'm not really sure what we're dealing with here.

Please say some prayers for him. And the rest of my family.

I'll let you guys know when I hear anything new.

Pax.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that.
I'll be praying for everyone.

Restless Native said...

As will I.

Little Lizzie said...

Okay... I have news!!! ;-)

My mom just called and said that the doctor just got in there with the test results and he said that there is evidence of a past attack on the lower part of his heart but, it was not caused yesterday (so that is good) He is scheduled to have an angiogram (spell?) tomorrow at one to see if the stint in his heart is blocked or not. If it is not blocked, they will send him home tomorrow night but, if it is blocked, they will send him home on Saturday.

Anyway, that's all I know. :)