Saturday, December 17, 2005

Kevin's Letter to the Remnant Magazine

Hello everyone! You know what's funny? Kevin's letter to the remnant! Do you know what else is funny? He didn't even write it! You know what's FUNNIEST? IT'S ALREADY IN THE MAIL!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a CHUMP! What a NAIF!
Kev if you get sponsored I want a cut.

KEVIN NOLAN WRITES TO THE REMNANT MAGAZINE FOR A SPONSORSHIP ON THE 2006 PILGRIMAGE...

Hello to everyone at the Remnant Magazine! Give yourselves a hand, I mean it.
My name is Kevin Nolan. I am 18 years of age and a young upstart. I am also a very devout Traditional Catholic, but I am in desperate need of something to jump-start my spiritual life. That’s why I am writing to you for a sponsorship! I know that I have a lot to learn about my religion, and I feel like I need to go on this pilgrimage. I also feel that because I am so young and impressionable, I would benefit the most from it. Don’t let the mould of my character be irreparably damaged because some drug dealer got to me first!

I come from a family of 15, which is reason enough for me to want to get away for awhile. Another reason is that I have never been outside of the country, and before I am exposed to the utter moral decay that is modern Europe, I would like the chance to experience France and Ireland unstained in all their original Catholic beauty. I am certain that any normal, un-Catholic experience with the other side of the Atlantic would leave me cynical and bitter towards the rest of the world, and most likely lead to either a spiraling depression or an addiction to 1940 foreign films. Perhaps both.

Now, before you label me a complete flake, I would just like to say that I have developed a deep devotion to the Latin Mass, even at my tender age. I have only been attending for just over a year, but it has truly become home to me. In fact, I cannot fathom the idea of NOT knowing the traditional mass! I realize now what I have missed all these years I did not attend, and the sorrow nearly tears my heart in two. But then I realize there is a remedy- I must go on this pilgrimage! To deny me this opportunity is to invite my certain death! Could you let this happen to me? NO! I beg of you! Don’t be the cause of my death! How could you live with yourself?

*ahem*

It would also be impossible for me to fund this trip in any other way. My family, friends, and parish are all economical midgets. My own humble job, while a spiritual gold-mine, produces little in the ways of marketable currency. However, I believe that I am the next Donald Trump, and before I become a multi-billionaire, I think that a long, hard pilgrimage would certainly give me the spiritual foundation I need to responsibly handle my future exorbitant wealth. In fact, I’ll bet it would no doubt make the difference between a rewarding, virtuous, and charitable life, and a decadent and dissolute one, filled with vice and perfidy. Furthermore, I would be most inclined to properly… reward… those friends and benefactors who provided financial aid when I needed most…

Lastly, I would be committing a sin of omission if I did not state that there were other, more selfish reasons, for my wanting to go on this pilgrimage. Namely, that I love the country of Ireland. I love the idea of drinking beer at the age of 18, and I absolutely LOVE the idea of meeting some hot, young Irish babe with a sexy brogue! Think about it! Well, okay don’t think TOO much about it, but what I’m getting at is, um, okay I don’t know what I’m getting at. Man, I am REALLY in need of some spiritual aid here! I mean, I have all this potential, all this spiritual energy, and I just need the proper guidance! I NEED to have the opportunity to walk the path of the righteous man!
I MUST GO ON THIS PILGRIMAGE.

Dearly beloved, I thank you for the time you have taken to read this letter. I know that many have asked you for sponsorship, in fact I know many of them personally. I implore you to ignore those beggardly wastrels! They might be more deserving than I am, they might be more spiritually inclined than I am, but I can guarantee you they aren’t as funny as I am! EH?!
Admit it, I’ve got them beat hands down in that department! I’m a dadgum comedian is what I am! And this is me sober! Just imagine me in Ireland!

Soo…. if you, or anyone in that office, plans on going along on this pilgrimage, then you should ask yourself just one question: who would you rather have go along with you? Some boring retard? Or…. Me?

That’s what I thought. I’ll start packing.
Ciao.

PS – I would appreciate it if you passed this letter around and got a 1-10 scale rating. I’m thinking somewhere around a 10.




Kevin, I can't believe you! If you even get a response, I'll be surprised. If I worked at the remnant and got this letter, I would be shocked! In fact, I would be ROFL! I would be ROFL LMAO!

19 comments:

Tracy said...

:::rofl::: Oh my gosh!!! Dan! *Please* tell me you didn't *really* send this in!!??

I read it to my aunt, and she thought it was hilarious, but she had the same question I did...

"Did he really send that in???"

:::laughs::: Well, Kev, even if you don't get sponsored, I'm sure you'll name will be added to the "Prayer Intention List" Mr. Matt reads every day of the walk!

Restless Native said...

Okay, well I lied. I actually haven't sent it YET... but I have the letter, sealed in an envelope, addressed:

The Remnant Tours
PO Box 1117
Forest Lake, MN, 55025

If anyone knows of a better address, let me know and I'll get Kevin's letter off right away!

Tracy said...

Yes. I have a better one.

The Remnant Tours
PO Box 13579
Cedar Crest, MN. 55025

There ya go!

::giggles::

Restless Native said...

Bogus addresses will not be considered. I am trying to do Kevin a favor here.
Help me help him!

Tracy said...

Bogus?? What are you talking about?????

I *was* trying to help!

Anonymous said...

ROFL!! that was awesome!
I'm sure they would all love reading this letter. :)
But, if it gets picked over mine, I won't be a very happy person. hehe

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine all the St. Michaels people reading that letter. ::laughs::

Little Lizzie said...

yeah, you'll get to go with me!!!

Disciple said...

I must be livin' in the wrong part of Ireland!
Let me know where you land, dude.

Little Lizzie said...

::laughs::

Anonymous said...

::laughs with Beth::

Restless Native said...

::Laughs with Marcy and Beth::

Restless Native said...

::goes on beer run in Ireland, comes back with beer, babes, and a case of green shamrocks::

::Shares with The Dude::

::laughs with The Dude as they pull Disciple's underwear over his head::

Anonymous said...

::laughs again:: You're such a dork.
The only hot babes in Ireland, are going to be us. ;)

Disciple said...

[Laughs]

[But sneers at Dan's last comment]

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, How could you not have fun when you're with Mary and I?
We're the coolest people in the world.
Ginny, I feel sorry for you that you are related to, Kevin. ;)

Little Lizzie said...

HEY!!! What about me??? I (God willing) will be there too!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course! Beth is awesome.
That would be SO cool if we all got to go to Ireland.

Disciple said...

[Stops laughing]

[Continues sneering]