Saturday, December 31, 2005

Girls' Nite at April's

It was Girl's Nite at April's house again last night. It was a lot of fun. This time Mandy and Crystal came, too. So, we had: Crystal, Mandy, Ashley, Melissa, April, Marcy, Mary, Blair, Mary, Laura (but she left early) and me.

Okay, did y'all catch that?

Crystal.
Mandy.
Ashley.
April.

Four of the five of my relatives who are expecting.

And then we had Blair--the mother of twins.

Yeah--I figured something out last night... Who needs games when there are so many expectant mothers in one room???

Of course, Marcy, Mary, Mary, Melissa and I were left out of most of the conversation. Somehow other stories just can't compare to a new mother's story. But we enjoyed it (well...most of it, anyway). ;) Oh my gosh. It was so funny! I know I said this after the last Girls' Nite, but I really felt like we had all turned into our MOMS. I *know* I've seen home-videos of them having the exact same conversations!

::laughs:: These conversations went on and on, and never stopped making everyone laugh. We started at the kitchen table, which is where most good conversations are had, and then we all moved to the living-room, where we stayed for hours. It was getting late, about 11:30, I think, and we were still laughing (and watching Mandy. We were hoping her contractions would get serious enough to take the party up to the hospital...but it never happened), when the one sure thing to break up Girls' Nite, no matter how much fun it is, came walking through the door.

A man.

April's husband.

Of course we all love Robby, but he's still a guy, and guys just don't work at a Girls' Nite.

He went to go get cleaned up from work, so we talked a little longer, and laughed a little more, and hoped he couldn't hear what we were saying. But then he came out, and half of the party decided it was time to go. I was one of the girls that left, so I have no idea how long the others stayed.

::shakes head:: I am so glad I'm such good friends with the females in my family. I feel sorry for the people who have cousins and sisters, but aren't *friends* with them. My sisters and cousins are the coolest people.

April, thanks for such a great time! Let me know when the next Nite is!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, how funny!! I was going to go there, too! But I decided to go to Bennigan's with Mary instead.

See you later!

Little Lizzie said...

Awww... Sounds like fun. But, I had a lot more fun up here anyway. I'm telling you, you should have been here.

Tracy said...

It wasn't boring.

It was hilarious.

Probably in Ireland it is. Not here. ...Actually, I think it's both.

Osama bin Laden said...

Both what?
Boring in Ireland and evil America?

Anonymous said...

Girls nite was awesome!
I'm glad we're all such good friends too. that would be so boring not to have sisters and cousins to hang out with.
Even the pregnant stories were really funny.
One day that will be us too, Tracy. (Hopefully) :)