Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

Well, it's that time of year again.

The end of it.

Can't believe 2005 is over. I remember thinking that it couldn't possibly be 1994! ...I also remember thinking Bill Clinton couldn't possibly be president.... ::laughs::

Kelly will be 20 years old tomorrow. We are going to have a great time tonight--celebrating her birthday, and Marcy's too! In fact, I need to go get ready for the party, so I don't have much time to spend posting some cliche post regarding the new year.

But--really now--it *has* to be said...

What will 2006 bring?

Well, for me, the long-awaited move to Clear Creek. But that's all I really know for certain. Birthdays, feast days, lent...those are all guaranteed. But what else? ::shrugs:: I don't know.

A lot happened in 2005. It's been a very...interesting...year. I hope next year is up to meeting to the Interesting Quota expected of it. ...I hope it's a little more interesting and amusing than this year was, though. This year was great, but sometimes on the boring side, and I *don't* like being bored.

Speaking of which, I really have to go get ready now.

Happy New Year, everyone! Have a safe time if you're going to be out tonight...but lots of fun while being safe. ;)

10 comments:

Little Lizzie said...

Yes, have fun everyone! Too bad you can't be here. I am going to have a party on the roof. By myself. If anyone would like to join me, you may. Otherwise, I am going to go up on the roof, with a blanket and a cell phone and I am going to call people that I know are at a party right now, and pretend that I am really there with them. You all should come try it out with me. :)

Restless Native said...

I believe this is the first OFFICIAL COMMENT of the year 2006.
WHHHHHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!

Restless Native said...

Beat THAT all you spammer peons!!

Restless Native said...

Oh, BTW, I am here at home, all alone, on New Year's Eve. Technically, that could qualify me as a loser.

Restless Native said...

HOWEVER, since I have the FIRST COMMENT OF 2006, I AM A WINNER, BABY!

YEEEEEHAAA!!!!

Tracy said...

::laughs:: Dan! *What* were you doing home at ... 12:07???

That sounds a little boring....

We didn't go to bed at my uncle's house until almost three...and I'm not sure what time everyone actually fell asleep.

I am so impressed with all of the people who went to 9:00 Mass. I think y'all are saints.

Tracy said...

Wow. Ginny was up even later than I was!

Happy New Year, Ginny!! ;)

Tracy said...

Christa! You should've come to my cousin's house!

...did you really fall asleep just before midnight?

Little Lizzie said...

::laughs:: I went to bed at about 10:45.... I am the biggest loser of them all! Dan, stop trying to steal my thunder.

;-)

Anonymous said...

We had an awesome party! I can't wait to do it again!
I think I'm finally caught up on my sleep.