Monday, October 17, 2005

Simple Musings from the Mind of Tracy

Montgomery Gentry is playing on my television right now. "I'm allright, I'm okay, it ain't nothin' but another day..." I remember when that song first came out. I would turn it way up and drive down the road singing it--::laughs::--back then it was with a lot of feeling. Not so much now. Now I just don't feel feelings. Drama is over-rated.

Aaw. Now there's a rose on the TV screen. It's a Bryan White song. ::sigh:: But he annoys me. So I don't care about it. I'd rather go look at the two dozen roses in my bedroom.

I should be in bed. But I just don't feel much like sleeping. Things aren't making sense to me right now, and going to a quiet bedroom full of silence is not very appealing at this moment.

I shot skeet tonight. Actually, I suppose I should say that I shot in the general direction of skeet tonight. Well, anyway, I hope it was at least in the vicinity of the general direction of the skeet. I don't even remember what kind of gun I was shooting. It had a pretty good kick, that I know. Maybe I didn't hit anything, but I did load my own gun...the one I can't remember the name of...so that was good.

By the way, The Insane One has once again lost his sanity.

*But* he is so much fun when he is insane, that we're good with that.

I like my new background. It's better than the pink. I think I'm going to stick with this one.

I think I may start posting a story I started working on a few month ago. It's called Three Priests and a Guide. I might. I dunno yet.

I will at least introduce the Three Priests and their Guide.

Y'all, meet...

~Father Franz Kristmann
~Father Mark Thompson
~Father James Sullivan
and the guide...
~Mr. Stetson
...and the guide's horse...
~Gypsy
...and the guide's mule...
~Moe

This story is set back in...oooh...the mid-1800's. I don't have any of my five different notebooks in front of me, so I hope I don't have any of the details mixed up. (I couldn't write this story in just one notebook for some reason. I had to jump from one to another.)

Fr. Kristmann is German. When the story begins, he has just been ordained.
Fr. Thompson is Irish-American. When the story begins, he has just been ordained.
Fr. Sullivan is just plain Irish. When the story begins, he has just been ordained.

All three of the men went to the same seminary. The Our Lady of Perpetual Help Seminary in...oh, I can't remember the name now...oh well. Somewhere in Maryland.

Mr. Stetson is...well...nobody knows about Mr. Stetson. He's a mystery. Just a tall, thin, bitter cowboy. Devoid of hope and, as a result, also devoid of fear.

After ordinations, the three priests, who are also good friends, are split up and sent to live three very different lives.

Fr. Kristman....I'm still trying to find out where he was sent.
Fr. Sullivan was sent to...oh...Boston? I'll have to go and ask him where he wants to go. Anyway, he eventually finds himself the Bishop of whichever city he is sent to.
Fr. Thompson is sent deep into Indian Territory to be a missionary. And that is where Fr. Thompson meets up with Mr. Stetson.

Actually, I don't know if I want to tell y'all anymore. Lately I have noticed my work has been plagiarized. There are certain people who shouldn't be told certain parts of a certain story, because they then take the idea and run with it. : b

I don't like being taken for granted. Not a bit. And since I don't like it so much, I wonder who *I* take for granted. hmm. That's a good thought to ponder.

Is it a sin to wish that someone will stub their toe? Is it? I want to know. Because I think I might want to wish that on someone. So I want to know if it's a sin.

Oh, wow. There's Carolyn Dawn Johnson. She's singing 'Complicated'. That song has always kind of annoyed me. I'm not really sure why.

Well, I think this post is long enough.

Pax.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Way, way TOO long Tracy. Too long. But the story sounds interesting. I think that wishing someone harm, if it is out of irritation or anger, is a sin. However, if you want them to stub their toe bacause they are wearing shoes(or not)that you warned them against, and you are worried that they might get worse than a stubbed toe if they don't stub their toe and take a hint..... than no I don't think that is a sin. But I think it's more likely that you just want them to stub their toe because you are irritated with them.... but that would be judgmental.....

Little Lizzie said...

Yeah, post your story! I want to hear it.

BTW, how is your story on the French Revolution going?

Beth

Anonymous said...

Aww, You dont sound like you're having a very good day.
I would love you read your story. (btw, someone needs to write me a poem.)

I like the song 'Complicated' I don't know why. I've just always liked it. :)(Take a guess why.)
I hope you have a good week.

Marcy

Tracy said...

If you do that, I might wish you break your leg...

Disciple said...

lol

Disciple said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It’s certainly disconcerting when people delete.