Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My Thoughts Exactly

Seriously....you've just got to love little kids--especially the ones that really like their pottery classes.

Caitlin: "Mom, I used to want to get married, but I don't want to anymore."
Cathy(Mom): "Oh, do you want to be a nun?"
C: "No."
M: "Well, what do you want to do, honey?"
C: "Pottery."
M and Tracy: ::trying to hold back laughter::
T: "You just want to be single and do pottery for the rest of your life?"
C: ::nods:: "Well, do pottery and hang out with my friends..." ::slighest hesitation:: "...with a guy."
M and T: ::no holding back the laughter::
M: "You could be a *nun* and do pottery."
C: "I don't *want* to be a nun."
M: ::mouthing to behind Caitlin's back:: "She'll be a nun!" ::slightly louder:: "It's always the ones that say they don't want to."
C: ::turning to look at Cathy:: "If I say that I *want* to be a nun, does that mean I don't have to?"
M and T: ::laugh for a good while, until Tracy finally says...:: "Caitlin, *that* was an awesome question!"

Why? ::laughs:: Because it was my thought exactly...Jake.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

She does.

Tracy said...

Christa.

Tracy said...

You are insane.

Tracy said...

And *what* ideas have you been putting into your little sister's head?

Tracy said...

Poor thing. She seemed quite under your influence.

Tracy said...

No worries. I shall set her straight when I call her tomorrow.

Unknown said...

You blasphemer! How DARE you?! How come I'm still up? I'm wondering that myself. considering that I need to get up at a reasonable hour tomorrow morning..... I guess it's because of those four sodas and icee I had today. Four of which were consumed AFTER two o'clock this afternoon. You see, you aren't supposed to have caffine after two, due to the negative effect it has on your sleep. I am proving them right as I write this.

Goodnight

Unknown said...

Maybe She's a bridesmaid Christa.

Or is pondering whether she should accept or reject a proposal.

She just had some tea.

Unknown said...

I like the way she did her hair.
I do mine like that often.
I wish I were that thin.
She looks like she could be a dancer.
I like how she's in shadow... with the white curtains behind her.

THAT'S IT, CHRISTA! She IS a widow. She is wearing black, she had her tea, and it's over. White curtains represent that she was married. But she doesn't have any children. Hm. She'll just have to marry again. Or become a nun.

Unknown said...

Sorry Tracy. I'll stop spamming, and go to sleep.



For real this time.

Unknown said...

I agree, this blog has gotten BORING.
Poor Mary, I know how exhausting a trip like that can be... well.. actually... I don't, because I've never BEEN on a trip like that, but I can imagine that it must be very exhausting.
I WAS. Very bored, thank you, Mace. And hyper, and tired, very tired.

I've decided that I LIKE commas, a lot, no, more than a lot, a WHOLE lot.