Sunday, November 13, 2005

What Are the Odds...

Picture this:

A beautiful November day just approaching noon. Many people are standing outside of the Clear Creek monastery pleasantly conversing and happily ignorant of what is about to happen.

Actually--I'm only speaking of myself. I was the only ignorant one. For it was at this moment that a man approached and politely asked, "Which one is Tracy?" Quite oblivious, I responded that I was indeed she. I got the most incredibly unexpected surprise of my life when the man responded:

"I read your blog."

Please imagine the shocked expression on my face. For those of you who know and see me almost everyday, this won't be hard for you to imagine.

I had seen the gentleman at the monastery couple of times before, but I had never been introduced to him. Suddenly there I was confronted with the knowledge that my blog can indeed be read my many an unknown person. (And of all the places to find out!!)

I am now suitably terrified. My worst fear is realized. People with sense and knowledge, learning and--quite possibly--wisdom, have read my inane drivel and random scribblings.

The gentleman, a doctor, had found my blog by searching for something else. Clear Creek monastery, no less.

I suppose I should now shape up and turn this blog from fun, silly diversion to a more serious and structured writing exercise.

Quite a thought, that.

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Christa, darling--the first comment was second, the second was third, and the third was fourth!

And I wouldn't dream of trying to make you write sensibly. You are much too entertaining to shush.

Anonymous said...

Tracy contradicted herself. This shows that Tracy...doesn't understand the basic principle of non-contradiction.

Tracy said...

Why am I a dork? What did I say?

Did I contradict myself? Oh dear.

Little Lizzie said...

You deleted all of your old posts. But, I just found them again so never mind. :)

Disciple said...

I hope you gave Mr. “I read your blog” a good telling off for reading your blog!
Google doesn’t bring up your blog in the first 5 pages when “Clear Creek” is typed in. That’s good since people generally don’t go past the second.

Your denial that the blog is a “serious and structured writing exercise” spells out that it is a “serious and structured writing exercise” but just not a very good one!! Joking of course.

Unknown said...

Sooooooo.... Tell me more about Mr."I read your blog". You said he's a doctor? Hmmmm..... Maybe he would consider joining the seminary...... Wait. He isn't.... MARRIED is he??? That would just be TOO much! You FINALLY get you doctor, and he's MARRIED!!!!!
Tell me it isn't so and put my poor mind at rest.

Tracy said...

Married with children, Shell. What happened to my betrothed, anyway?

Unknown said...

YOU got amnesia!!! It isn't MY fault! I didn't tell you to get amnesia! Besides, a doctor is worth leaving your betrothed for... unless your betrothed is a doctor. Then it gets complicated.

Disciple said...

TRACY!
smgmqchl

Unknown said...

Last comment.

Anonymous said...

.

Unknown said...

HEY!!! You're so MEAN! AND lazy! You didn't want me to have the last comment, but you were too lazy to even WRITE something!

You weren't afraid that whatever you wrote would give you AWAY, were you???? Too bad, I already know who wrote it since the OTHER anonymous was at OUR house when your comment was written.

Last comment.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dinner at your house.

Unknown said...

IF you're who you seem to be, than you are welcome.