Sunday, November 20, 2005

Two Marine Corps Captains

That was all it took.

Just two Marines.

Showing me how to shoot a 12-gauge shotgun.

In the direction of airborne skeet.

*And* I even hit a few!

Tracy + 2 Marine Corps Captains + a few shattered clay pigeons =

1 great afternoon!

Of course--if they had just been wearing their uniforms, it would've been better....

;)!!

Thanks for the help, Marines!

Alicia came out and showed me up, though. Good grief! That girl just walked up and calmly hit the VERY FIRST ONE!!! Beginner's luck? ch, yeah right! She hit like 6 out of 7!

Maybe it has something to do with being a Marine Corps Captain's wife. ...Or maybe she's just a natural! Ben would say the latter.

Either way, it was very impressive, Alicia! (I hope you've found your way to my blog by now!) And I was glad to have you out there.

And we can't forget Shelley and Ginny! They were awesome, too! Something tells me y'all are going to have sore shoulders tomorrow!

It was *hilarious* to watch Mary shoot the gun. She was still in a skirt from Mass this morning, and she was looking *very* feminine. After a few mintues of Dan instructing her on how to stand (or was it Ben? eh, I get these Marines mixed up...), she finally shot.

Oh. My. Goodness. I wish y'all could've seen it! She wasn't ready for the kick, and it got her good! Her hair went flying, her shoulders flew back, and it almost knocked her over! It was quite amusing. But she did well. She just picked it back up and shot again. She's definitely my dad's daughter. I think she may have even hit one or two...I can't remember. Mary?

Oh yeah. Ben and Dan hit a couple, as well.

::ducks head and laughs into folded arms:: I'm just kidding! You were great! We girls wouldn't have hit a single thing except air if y'all hadn't been out there. You were just too distracted by our lack of skill in regard to guns and ammo to truly concentrate on what you were supposed to be shooting.

Father is doing well after the first half of the Cochlear implant process. He said the 11:00 Mass this morning! I was shocked. He did so well! If I didn't know Father personally, I would never have guessed he couldn't hear a single word the altar-boy was saying! He even announced who it was the Mass was being offered for. He had the oddest smile about his lips as he said it. Hmm--I wonder why?

Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. My family will be coming to OKC for a change, instead of my going to Clear Creek. I'm looking forward to it. I'm especially looking forward to this weekend, because a childhood friend of mine is getting married on Saturday! It's going to be a great weekend.

Okay. Enough writing. I'm going to go do some writing. On *real* paper. With *real* ink.

'Night!

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST COMMENT!!! I LOVE YOU TRACY!!!

Anonymous said...

SECOND COMMENT!!! I LOVE MARY!!!

Anonymous said...

"This Mass is being offered for our dear Justin Nolan at the request of his sister Carrie Nolan" smiles sagaciously...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Trace, how come you forgot to mention the picture game? I hope you weren't embarrassed on that desert island...

Anonymous said...

*shocked at Mason's declaration*

This goes against all my training!!!! Impossible!

Tracy said...

ah, yes. And the picture game.

It was *supposed* to be "Tracy is looking for her Red M&M" (<--Ginny's sentence), but it somehow turned into something about me being stranded on a desert island.

That was such a funny game! It was cool sitting across from Father. All I had to do was mouth things to him, and he knew what I was saying, and nobody else heard me. ::laughs::

Tracy said...

Actually, Anonymous, what Father said was more like this:

"This Mass is being offered for my most favorite seminarian in the whole world, Justin (who will be home for Thanksgiving and I can't wait 'cause I get so bored without him, so I pull strings to get him here) Nolan, by his little sister Carrie Nolan."

Yup. It was more like that.

::laughs quietly to self:: And you thought it was a secret, Father!

;)

Little Lizzie said...

:( Tracy, I hate it when you write about things that I really wish I could be there for. I wish something interesting would happen up here and then I could write about it and make YOU jealous.

;-)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you, Tracy...You all did an awesome job shooting. It looked like fun. Maybe I'll try it next time.

Anonymous said...

Hey Christa, don't worry, when we run off and elope I'll play the picture game with you! But you might find it to be a bit impertinant for your taste...

Anonymous said...

cause you're such a nice young lassie!

Anonymous said...

It is only linguistically redundant, unless you have run off and eloped before, in which case it is also physically redundant. I like your idea for a story...

Anonymous said...

Nope, I have run, but not off for elopement, so... uh... what do we do? Just start running? Hmmm. I guess if we don't know what we're doing, we're not going to be very good at this eloping thing... Maybe we should ask for directions!

Anonymous said...

ORRRR!!!! You could run off with Justin and I could run off with Ang... but ya know, you'd be way short-changed by that kind of elopement arrangement (and I would get kicked all the time).

Little Lizzie said...

::laughs:: you guys are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Uh, Beth... we're really serious about this, so please just stay out of it!

Anonymous said...

You'd rather have a dead turkey??? I've never been dumped for a dead turkey before! Fine, take your dead turkey and stuff it, from this moment on consider us divorced from elopement! (whew, I was getting worried about this relationship)

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! Hey, Christa!!! I like it when we fight... Do we get to make up now???

Tracy said...

Christa and "Anonymous"--no talking about eloping on my blog! the Church does not approve of it, and I can't a thing the Church doesn't approve of discussed on my blog!

Now can I?

Besides. If anyone gets to run off and have an adventure of that magnitude, it will be *me*!

Anonymous said...

(smiling quietly and thinking to myself "I had to pick the fiery one to elope with, eh? Oh well, I'll just have to wait it out patiently because the really passionate ones are worth it...")

Little Lizzie said...

Fine! Be that way... I was only agreeing that you two should elope because you are both so funny. But, NEVERMIND. I'm not ever going to try to be nice to you ever again!!!

Anonymous said...

Uh... Beth, people don't elope for comedy...

Disciple said...

Browneyedvortexofenergy,
Perhaps I could get you started on shotting Irish men by giving you a list.?

For the record: I am not "anonymouse" above.

Christa. Does your Mummy know you are having this conversation?

Anonymous said...

(I'm still quietly smiling and waiting for the stormy temper of my dear eloped one to simmer down just a little bit so we can make up, Sicilians really get hot.)

Unknown said...

Last comment.

Tracy said...

::laughs:: It was clever, Shelley, but unfortunately it just doesn't work the same way "First Comment" does!

Disciple said...

Stop being mean to imnrtist!

Tracy said...

I will.

Just as soon as you stop being mean to me.

Unknown said...

TRACY!!! Did you go to all of your posts and comment just so that I wouldn't have the last one??

And you accuse ME of being petty.

*flips hair*

Disciple said...

[Flips hair]
[Well, more his ears than his hair]

Anonymous said...

::Flips hair::

Tracy said...

What is this??? Everybody Make Fun of Tracy and Her Cute Hair-Flip Week?

Actually, it's not even a "flip"! It's...*rearranging* it.

::rearranges hair::

So there.

Disciple said...

[Rearranges hair and ears]

[Or to be exact: flips them]

Unknown said...

*fleas scurry across the floor*
EWW!! Gross! I'm sorry that I ever teased you Tracy! I suppose I have overdone it a bit. but I promise that I'll never tease you about that again if you will never say anything to provoke that canine into shaking his lice and fleas everywhere.

So no more.... you know(at least, not on your blog)

Disciple said...

How can you say such terrible things about sweet Tracy?

Of course she isn't quite as sweet as Beth!

Tracy said...

Be quiet, John. Don't say anything else to me unless it's something nice.

Disciple said...

Something nice.

Tracy said...

ha ha.