Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Thoughts and Quotes

It is amazing to me how much the past eight years have taught me...and how much they haven't.

"In three words I can sum up what I have learned about life. It goes on."
~Robert Frost.

That is one of my favorite quotes.

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
~Mark Twain

I don't know why, but that quote really tickles me.

So does this one:

"It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody."

How very amusing--especially since it seems very much to be true.

But these are two of my absolutely favorite quotes:

"I love kissing caterpillars!"

"Will you hold my caterpillar? I going to ask Mary if I can feed him some bologna."
~Therese Dominique

Well, that's all for now. I am going to go get some coffee and do some writing and find more quotes this evening. I'm thinking Starbucks for coffee--but I don't think Panera Bread would appreciate it if I brought the competition's coffee into their cafe. It's not like it's some backyard coffee shop....

;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, Trace
We're going to a movie and maybe to Bennigains to see Kelly Belly.
Do you want to cooome?
Marcy

Tracy said...

::laughs:: Thanks, Marce, but I was busy. (April called me earlier.) But I hope y'all had fun!

Tracy said...

Depressing? I was thinking more like...strangely, ironically, hysterically funny...

:::laughs::: It's all good, Andrea. Now and ten years from now.

(Here's where Christa can chime in with an "Amen"!)

Anonymous said...

My fifth favourite quote:
“The reports of her drinking are greatly understated!”
I think I am the author.

Tracy said...

John--if you are going to post as anonymous, you should take the pains to spell as an American would spell...

Don't say rude things just because I can drink and *you* can't.

:b

Disciple said...

Darn.

Restless Native said...

I am consistenly amazed at the number of hidden innuendos in Tracy's blog. For example, make the following substitutions, and everything falls into place...

Society=Panera Bread
The United States=Starbucks
Bill Gates=The Competetion
Death & destruction=coffee,

TRACY IS AN ANARCHIST.
SHE IS TRYING TO KILL US ALL.
RUN NOW, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, FOR YOUR VERY LIVES.

BTW, the "coffee" at the "Backyard coffe shop" "sucks".
"Starbucks" makes the best "Coffee" by far.

Tracy said...

Funny, Dan, that wasn't what you told the girl behind the counter at Backyard....

BTW, I don't have hidden innuendos in my posts. I have *no* idea what that's about. *No* *idea*.

...okay...so maybe one or two...

;)