Sunday, October 02, 2005

Just Another Day in the Life of Tracy

Okay, I have decided there is absolutely no more assuming that I know who is leaving comments on my posts! I thought two people were two others, and I was way wrong...Well--I was wrong with at least one person, and I *think* I may have been wrong about another...but I'm not sure.

I guess I just didn't stop to really consider the fact that people I don't know could very well read my blog. ::laughs:: Really what bugs me is thinking that I know who wrote what, but then not knowing for *sure*. So, all of you people who write under assumed names, or go all out and remain "anonymous", thanks a lot for adding to the stress in my life. ;)

And by the way, WHO is Prof. Moriarty? I have a guess as to who it is, but I don't want to be wrong again. Anyway, thank you oh so very much for mocking my cute, little poem, Professor. Do chime in with one of your poems whenever you feel the need. If you get better, I may let you be a guest-blogger, and your poems will show up here on the actual blog instead of in the comment box. Of course, it might help if your other poems don't contain as much *cynicism*! :-b

:::sigh::: Some people....

Okay, moving on:

Today was very strange for me. I'm sure you are asking why. Well, I'll tell you. Today was strange because it was my last day to sing in the church choir. And, yeah, well...hm. It's still feeling weird to me.

I joined the choir seven years ago, almost exactly. I haven't taken a break or even just plain quit since I first joined. And, man, have there been some ups and downs in that choir!!! :::laughs::: Yes. Lots of memories there. Oh well. I will now be spending my Wednesday evenings doing something else.

It involves rocks.

And ropes.

And...well, see, I'm kinda scared, 'cause I'm not sure *what* all it involves.

Anyway, I'm going to start rock climbing. All I have to say is I hope someone is there to catch me if I fall. If they're not, then I'm going to be one dead girl on Thursday morning.

I'll let y'all know how it goes. Um. Pray for me. ; )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tracy;
I just want to say I LOVE YOUR BLOG, and I read it everyday. We will miss you to pieces in the choir, another angel has left me... Anyway, don't become paranoid about all these wierdos that surround us, and definately don't lose that happy outlook to those nasty cynics.
I wish I could go rock climbing with you. Maybe I'm wrong, but somehow it seems foolhearty for a guy like me to do really really dangerous and risky things with certain people that might have good reasons to dust me off. Especially the one that would karate chop me for good measure just to make sure I was dead. ha ha.
God Bless, The Padre

Anonymous said...

P. Stetson, you are just being bitter because you really, really, REALLY want to come, but we're climbing on a night when you, alas, happen to be busy. So you cover up your disappointment by taking cheap shots at a lovely and very nice person who has been very kind and good to you. Saintly, in fact!

P.S. Not a karate chop, but maybe a Thai kick to the head . . . . .

Anonymous said...

Dearest & Fairest Tracy;
Finally, I rouse her Irish Ire from it's restful slumber. Why is this, that a kindly and good-hearted Padre must use the sharp edge of his humor to provoke some small rebuke? I suppose the more lovely and saintly a soul, the more she is drawn by the slightest suggestion of hurtfulness. Or perchance the reason be, that she is more sensitive to words spoken by men from France? But I do admit, little Lassie, this poor Padre doth lament his loss of rocks to climb. Worry not, though, for I have a greater mountain within my sights.
God Bless, the Padre

Tracy said...

k.m. rocks, Andrea?? ::laughs:: That so does not surprise me. Although "I'll Tell You Who I Am" would've been funnier...
As for you, Padre, that last comment was slightly confusing, as I couldn't tell who it was you were responding to.
Anyway, I will try my best to ignore the weirdos and cynics. It's just that they are so darn entertaining and fascinating...and I *won't* lose my happy outlook. I've become a quite attached to having it.
Did you read that, Professor Moriarty? Padre says you're nasty. I didn't say it, though. I'm too charitable. Besides, I don't know you, so I don't know if you're a nasty man or a cute, fluffy lady, or what.

Tracy said...

Yes, the dynamic *is* someting else, isn't it? ;) Thanks for the good wishes on rock climbing. If I don't die Wednesday, I'll let you know how it goes. ;)