Monday, October 10, 2005

I'm So Disappointed...

*First* of all ... I didn't go running ... AGAIN. I was going to go running yesterday, but it didn't work out because I ended up going to see a play a friend of mine was in. And today...well, it just didn't work out. Now I'm getting frustrated with myself. It's probably some deep, dark secret desire I have to remain unhealthy for the rest of my life.

Okay, that wasn't necessarily anything of importance I *needed* to write about. :::giggles:::

Anyway, the real reason I'm disappointed it because my class was cancelled. I was *supposed* to be starting it tomorrow, and they cancelled it with ONE day warning.

It was a class on graphoanalysis, which is the study of handwriting. I've done some reading on it, and found it to be very interesting, so when I saw that a school nearby was giving a class on it, I was so excited. So...I signed up for it. And what do they have to go and do the DAY BEFORE I'm supposed to start? Cancel it. Argh. I guess I'll just have to go finish reading that book about it. :::sigh::: Okay. Fine. I'll teach myself.

A few years ago I became interested in the inflections people use in their voices at different times and in different situations. (Don't ask me to explain any further because I'm afraid I won't be able to translate my thoughts into your language.) I wondered then if there was a way to study something like that. Graphoanalysis is as close as I've come to finding it. Many times you write down the inflections which would be in your voice, were you to speak what you wrote. Take "Restless Native" for example. Anyone that knows him personally can easily pick out which post is his, due to the words he has stressed. It's so funny. Very interesting. Same thing with ImNRtist, or JB, or Christa...well, okay, so I've never met Christa, but with a personality like that...it must be so. ;)

Anyway--all of that was just said in order that I might complain about my class being canceled. I should quit being negative, stop complaining, and go to bed. Tomorrow will be a good day. I'm working until 5:00, in the home of a family whom I love, then I'm coming home and eating dinner with my wonderful grandparents, and my awesome aunt, and maybe my cool cousin, Ryan.

And tomorrow is also my last day as a 20 year old. Ack. The day after tomorrow I'm going to be an absolute adult. Greeeeaaat. This is weird. When I was 12, I thought I would never be 21. ch. When I was *18* I thought I would never be 21.

By the way--Happy belated birthday, Kk!! We are going to have *SO MUCH FUN* this weekend. Just keep that in mind! ;)

By the way, again--HI MELANIE! See? I said I would, and I did, so, HI!!!!

Pax, everyone. Sleep well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh.. I'm sorry it was cancelled. That really stinks! I wish I could be there for your birthday but, have a great time and let me know all about it. :)

Beth

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should start running with Mary. It's easier when someone else is doing it with you.

I know you had a good day yesterday, 'cause you got to see me. (you favorite cousin ever!)
Btw, I still think it was rude that you told our waiter (Thomas) that I was a liar.
I wasn't even the one that told him that. it was Kelly. Oh well.
We got to talk about you after you left. hehe. j/k

What do you want me to get you for your birthday?

Marcy

Tracy said...

You are so smart, Marcy! How did you know you were my favorite cousin ever???

Did y'all really talk about me after I left? :::giggles::: I should've stayed.

I wasn't being serious when I told him that, and you know it. ;) I think we should go hang out at there more often...it was fun.

I want you to get me...gosh--I don't know. I don't really need anything. You can help Mary out with the present *she's* supposed to get me! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello!
My eyes are like burning coals from starring at that pink background. Nevertheless,
I’m feeling very positive today. Perhaps I’m coming down with some illness.
Firstly, I’m happy that you didn’t go running. Running is dreadfully undignified both for ladies and for gentlemen. Besides, how many athletes have you heard of, who just conked out in the prime of life because of over exertion. I’m a dedicated fan of the “your heart is only going to beat a certain number of times” theory. Sleep is the secret. Too many of you out there work too hard and you’re all in for an early death, people.
Secondly, I’m happy that your Graphoanalysis class was cancelled. I hate Graphoanalysis even though I’ve never heard of it. It stinks of psychology and psychologists and I do NOT get along. Do you know how many psychologists I have been subjected to in my last career? Nor do I. It wouldn’t have been so bad if they had shown some consistency, but in my case, they all had different theories on why exactly I was bananas. No, I was well integrated before I met with psychology, then I became all screwed up in the head.
Okay, so you’re saying Graphoanalysis isn’t psychology, but it’s all the same to me. You’ll end up telling people “truths” about themselves that they “didn’t know”. It’s like palm reading or astrology. I’m sceptical!
My weekend was most delightful. I did nothing. Actually, I did do something. I felt a little guilty but then stopped feeling guilty lest the person about whom I felt guilty, wanted me to feel guilty. Now I don’t know whether I should be guilty or not. I shall have to write a private e-mail to ask you something, since I don’t want my guilt to turn into shame or relief so publicly.
Well I’m all out of criticism for the moment.
Bye bye.
Ps. Did I tell you that I studied Sugrology and that I can see that you know that I am your red M&M but that you don’t want to admit it to yourself?!!
JB

Unknown said...

Well since everyone else wrote somnething I suppose I had better... Tracy, happy *almost* birthday. I won't be able to see you on your REAL birthday because I'll be working. ALL DAY. 9-9. Yuck.
You know, I really don't blame you for not going running. I simply can't because I always seem to have shin splints*Ouch* which also keep me(unfortunately) from taking I rish dance.(at least for the time being) Sorry that I can't write more, I have to get ready to go to my violin lesson. Bye!
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Haapy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Traaaaacccccyyyy...... Happy birthday to you!!!!! :)

Have a great birthday!!! :)

Beth

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

GUESS WHAT???? I was writing something, called Tracy, and she made me delete everything that I had written!!!! Well, anyway, the long and short of what I'd been writing is..... I lost track of time. I didn't realize that TODAY was the 12th, and I don't work from 9-9 until tomorrow. Tracy, I didn't get to ask you before you hung up... Are you doing anything special(that I can participate in) for your birthday? Write(or call) back.
Shelley

Disciple said...

And you are strawberries and cream, Princess.



With just a teeney weeney dash of vinegar!