Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Art Explained

I think that perhaps it is time to explain the Art of M&Ming.

M&M stands for the initials "M.M."

M.M. stands for "Mystery Man."

A Mystery Man is a man a girl falls in love with, and doesn't want anyone to know about.

OR

He is the man that she will some day fall in love with, and just hasn't met yet.

OR

He is the man she has already met, and will one day marry, and she calls him her "M&M" out of habit.

OR

He is the man she is married to, and for old time's sake, she still refers to him as her "M&M".

The Art of M&Ming is the art of finding the M&M. Your M&M. You have to have the right one. Have to. It's a must. And it's hard. Very hard. There are a lot of Skittles out there--unless you're looking closely, you'll think the 'S' is an 'M' having a bad hair day.

Blue M&Ms are good. They are where the phrase "True Blue" comes from. (Okay, so maybe not, but I'd like to see you prove it.)

Yellow M&Ms...they are good too. Yellow is a happy color. Yellows cause True Happiness.

Green M&Ms .... uuuh ... :::giggles::: Well--Green is the only feminine M&M. M&M in this case does not stand for Mystery Man. I'm not exactly sure what it does stand for.... No further comment.

Red M&Ms are the best. They are the Pearls of Great Price. And they...they are the kind you have to fight for...HARD. They're out there. But they blend in so well with the suffering in the world. So well. But if you wait for them...you're rewarded.

I wrote this poem when I was 15 years old. I would probably write it differently now, but the thought and the feeling are the same now as they were then...

~The Art of M&Ming~

The Art of M&Ming is a special art indeed
For the M&M is not something found upon a steed
The right color you must find
Or surely you will lose your mind
No use pleasing was isn't true
So the color must be blue
But what of them, those who say
"The M&M won't find his way!"
Then the stories we are told
Of knights, strong and bold
Of men who love their women true
But then again, the answer's blue!
And so for you, you have your man
But what of me, and of my plan?
What is the color of blood just shed?
All will say, it is Red
And that will prove which I will wed
The only color for me is red.
Through the dark and through the night
He will come for he will fight.
Unknown to him what his prize will be
May I be made worthy if it is me~

I'm waiting for the Red M&M. Some people tell me my standards are too high. But I know they aren't.

I won't settle for anything less than a Red M&M.

He's worth it.

I'm worth it.

God's Will be done.

;)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww..how cute is that?!?!

Tracy said...

go to Blogger.com

go to settings

all the way down at the button will be a button that says "delete blog"

press that.

I'm not sure what happens after that 'cause I've never wanted to delete my blog...but you'll be able to figure it out.

: )

Tracy said...

oops. All the way down at the *bottom* will a button... hehehe

Anonymous said...

ya that's nice an all...but when your TRUE VOCATION is to be NUN...then isn''t all that M-stuff just a waste of time....


jake

Anonymous said...

What happened to Father??

Beth

Anonymous said...

No, he wasn't murdered. He's right here fingering the keys on the computer. Yes Tracy, this is your lucky day!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooops! I meant the red M & M. Not Father.

Restless Native said...

Tracy! I can't believe it - you posted the M&M poem! It was like pulling TEETH to get you to let me read it!

And now you just CAST it out on the internet... like PEARLS before... ah, *ahem*. well.

Anyway, I think that's GREAT! Keep it up!

Tracy said...

Jake, I'm not going to be a nun. Get over it.

Beth, he ran away never to return.

Christa, Christ is the Ultimate M&M for those who have a religious vocation. I was speaking of the M&M which a woman called to the married life must find.

"anonymous", I'm the only one who can decide if you are the Red M&M or not.

Restless, :::laughs::: Don't let your memory fail you, Cap. That wasn't one of the poems I wouldn't let you read. Besides, it fit in so well with the theme of my post! It was just me continuing to be great, as JB so kindly put it....
;)
Glad y'all made it home safely.

Anonymous said...

No, I'm not interested.

Tracy said...

Hey! John?! Hey! ::laughs hesitantly:: ...John?

No! No Red M&M names! uh-uh, no!

Take it back!

Tracy said...

Whatever.

You are not the Red M&M. I'm so sorry. You'll just have to deal with it.