Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Italian Man

The tall, dark and handsome Italian with eyes that would melt the hardest heart--as long as it was female--fell for the only woman who wouldn't fall for him.

It was a sad sight, but amusing at the same time.

I watched it, laughing and shuddering by turns, wondering what it was about the phrase, "My family is from Italy" which makes a man seem more mysterious and appealing.

I think he always knew his chances weren't that great. That the woman wasn't ever completely in his presence. It was obvious she was always thinking of someone else.

He took it gracefully. Tempted, tortured, and depressed though he was. He let her go, hoping one day she would return.

I think he's still waiting.

The poor Italian man.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Tracy, you weren't talking about a real event you witnessed were you? Because I think that you were talking about what you imagine it would be like if ever Josh Groban or any other Italian guy asked Carrie to go out with them.

I agree. It would be very sad.
Poor guy.

Tracy said...

Depends on who it is, Marcy. Seriously. Like...is he Italian? The answer is a very long time.

Is he Irish? Well...the answer is 'long' if you're a Marcy or a Mary.

Is he Scottish? The answer is 'forever', no matter who you are.

Is he French? Eh. Nah. Not too long on that one.

Is he American? ::giggles:: I dunno. Does he know "Sleeping Beauty in Reverse"? ::winks::

Tracy said...

::laughs:: Sorry, Shelley, but no Josh Groban figured in this story.

It was a true story, though. Well...with slight modifications.

::winks::

Tracy said...

And, Mace, this story *isn't* a riddle. It was just a story.

I just didn't explain everything.

That's all.

::smiles sweetly::

Unknown said...

Okay... fine. Well then, will you tell us who the girl is??? So that we can have a better mental picture of the scene. I mean, if it was Andrea, then I can picture the scene with her flipping her curls and wrinkling her nose in a cute little smile....... wait I think I was there too. AND I think I know someone ELSE who was there who would have gladly exchanged places.... Except not. Because the guy was waaaay too old for the girl who DID like him.

Anyway, I think I know when this happened, but I might just be thinking of something else. I have to say though, Andrea seems the most likely of any person I know to completely ignore some cute guy. Don't you all agree???

Restless Native said...

Hey, this story is about a Native American!

Tracy said...

::rolls eyes::

Nolans....

Disciple said...

Italian women, on the other hand, are staggering.
Big brown eyes stare right into yours before their tanned face breaks into a syrupy smile.
Does anyone know of an Italian girl who would let me live with her in Rome and perhaps has a house in the Roman hills as well?