Thursday, March 02, 2006

Reply to a Love

My Darling Girl,

It has been months since I have been able to write. My research has been extensive, and my time much demanded. Why have you not written? You promised so faithfully you would. Perhaps I gave you the wrong address, or perhaps the mail service here is not taken so seriously as it is in the United States.
It appears, after all of this time, I will be able to get away--come home for a few weeks. I know you've been alone for so long, but you always were such a patient thing. There have been many times I've been tempted to think you wouldn't wait for me, but I never could forget the last thing you said to me--'I would wait for you forever if I had to.' I have to trust that those words are true, since they are what I have been working for. The training and experience I have received here have already opened up numerous teaching jobs back home...and money is no longer an issue. I wish I could write more, Heaven knows you deserve it, but I hear one of my men shouting for me. I can't take any more time--I have to get back to work.
I'll be home soon.

Faithfully,
******

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's so much material here I have a headache. Somebody get me some ice cream for the love of sugar!!!!

Tracy said...

::laughs:: Ginny, you're so cool. ::winks::

Tracy said...

Christa--I would really like to hear what you have to say about these letters...completely out of curiosity. But I guess I'll have to wait till I see you....

::laughs:: That was weird to say.... How many more days? Not that long! I hope you can handle meeting all of us at once!

Little Lizzie said...

No, she isn't coming to Oklahoma, Mason. She is going to Nebraska for Justin's ordination this weekend and our family and the Nolan's are going up there.

Disciple said...

I bet she’s become an unmarried Mother or a harlot in the interim.

No, not Tracy. The recipient of the letter!