Thursday, February 09, 2006

For Melanie

Munich. 2003. It was hot. It was humid. But there was ice cream. And lots of beer. Not that we drank much of that, my friends and I. We were too busy with the ice cream, and with fighting off the men that desperately wanted a light for their cigarettes. "We don't smoke," we politely said, then turned our attention to other things...seemingly. The incident was to be gone back to and laughed over later that night. After the ice cream, and after running for our lives down the sidewalk. It was dark, around midnight I think, and a man had had a little too much to drink. And so a new past-time was born. The three little amigas ran through the streets of Munich with the man not far behind...at least we felt that he wasn't. Drunk men don't have the reputation for being able to keep with three scared girls running for their lives.

::laughs:: Good times, girl. ; D

13 comments:

Little Lizzie said...

I like ice cream, too. We should all go to Ivana Cone while we are in NE. :)

Little Lizzie said...

LoL... I remember that. That was hilarious!

But, I agree... Only ice cream. ;-) And.... YOU BUY!!! ha ha ha...

Little Lizzie said...

You know what I just remembered while I was making dinner? I was thinking about how I wasn't going to drink this one thing but, then I thought "Well, Lent is coming soon, so I will drink it since I won't be drinking it for a while." And then I thought about going to Nebraska and then I thought about how much fun it would be if we went to Ivana Cone and then... everything clicked....

It's going to be during LENT while we are in NE. :( I guess we will have to go on a Sunday (if we go) and we will have to get something REALLY disgusting.

Awww.... man. Me and my thinking. If I just wouldn't think so much, we would have been able to go and get whatever we wanted. But nnnoooo... I had to go and THINK about it.

::sticks out lip and begins to whimper::

Little Lizzie said...

It should be against the rules for us to go to Nebraska during lent. We are going to have far to much fun with Christa there to play with. ;-)

Little Lizzie said...

Even if we don't go to Ivana Cone...

Little Lizzie said...

Hmmm....

Little Lizzie said...

.....What should I wear?

Little Lizzie said...

Hmmm... Well, okay. I guess if no One will get on and comment with me, I will go do something of importance. Like, SLEEP. I'm tired. Hmmm... I still have to go read though. And work on my Algebra. I hate Algebra...... Maybe I will just go lay on my bed while working on my Algebra and then "accidentally" fall asleep. Ah, that sounds good. Okay, bye!:)

Little Lizzie said...

Heeeyy... Okay, you didn't need to make the trip totally depressing! Gosh, Christa! I had already thought about that last night as I lied in my bed. I was thinking of how sad it will be when we have to tell you good-bye but then I thought, we will all just have to go on a road trip once a year to visit you in the convent!!! :)

Froggie... You are NOT going to leave! That would make things far too depressing. I don't think I would be able to handle that. :(

Little Lizzie said...

Ummm... Okay, fine! We can just go on Sunday and that way, we won't have to feel guilty about it AND Justin will be able to go too. :) Unless of course he ditches us like he did last time....

Little Lizzie said...

Oh shut up, Ginny! Gosh. I make one little mistake and you all go off on me! Goodness. ;-)

Little Lizzie said...

What?!?! Justin made you do that? Gosh! What was HE doing?

Oh well, the poor dear....

Little Lizzie said...

Umm... Both of you. :)