Saturday, January 07, 2006

Life of Riley and a Pet Peeve

John, David, Derrick and Kevin.

Life of Riley.

Y'all did a great job tonight. It was a lot of fun hearing you guys play...somewhere other than in Abby's garage. ;)

Okay. That's all I have to say. I would say more, but my thoughts have all gone to sleep. My body should follow suit. ::eyes last sentence and wonders if that's the way 'suit' is spelled when used in that context:: I don't think there's any other way to spell it. ::shrugs:: Oh well.

Hey, Marcy--your shoes are still in my car....

Hey, Mary--my shoes are still on your feet.

Tomorrow I am going to begin packing for the move to Clear Creek. Still haven't decided on an exact date. If my family weren't going on a cruise at the end of January, setting a date would be a lot simpler. There's no way I am staying in CC by myself when they are all on a cruise to Mexico. It might turn me into...I dunno...a big ball of emotion or something. ::wonders if being a small ball of emotion is better...::

That wouldn't be good. ::laughs:: They might wish I hadn't moved up there. ::thinks about it:: Naaah. My family isn't allowed to wish things like that. And even if they did, they would just have to deal with it because I've been wanting to move there for...oh...*three years* and being told I wasn't wanted would...well. hm....

Uh oh. Uh ooooh. I did it again. I got online late at night when I should've gone to bed instead!

What should you do when someone asks a question you do not want to answer? *But* you're in a situation where you *have* to answer, or you're going to look like you're intentionally being rude?

::raises hand:: I know, I know!

Answer it half way.

Yes. Half way. Although that can leave much room for assumptions. But you know--it's funny the things people hear in silence. And it's even funnier letting their assumptions go unchecked. ::laughs to self::

Wow. I can't believe it, but that last bit of rambling could apply to three different conversations I have had in the past week or so.

Well, goodnight. It's going to be a long day tomorrow, so I'd better get my rest. Somehow I have more to move out than I had to move in...a year and a half ago.

Pax.

24 comments:

Restless Native said...

No not kind of weird...
*really* weird.

Last night was cool - even though I didn't get to hear the band.

Restless Native said...

I was drunk and needed to stop.

Restless Native said...

That black dude thought he was like a pool shark or something.

Restless Native said...

He beat me, anyway....

Restless Native said...

Then Tracy stood on the bar and downed a pitcher of beer in one swig.... now THAT was AWESOME!!!

Restless Native said...

Hey, so what's this pet peeve you mention in the title, but not in the post?

Tracy said...

Froggy, I am not weird. I'm exceptional.

Tracy said...

Restless, I am not *really* weird. I'm *very* exceptional.

Yes--last night *was* cool. Why didn't you get there *before* the band finished playing?

Tracy said...

Um--I think the black man *was* a pool shark, Restless. ...Did you know him, or were you not the only one who needed to stop?

Tracy said...

::rolls eyes::

Just in case anyone really has to wonder--I didn't go anywhere near the bar except to get a Dr Pepper.

::glares at Dan:: Do not tempt me to tell stories about *you* and...::laughs:: Just don't.

Tracy said...

Oh, I mentioned the pet peeve. I just didn't specify that it *was* the pet peeve.

Tracy said...

Look at me spamming my own blog.

Christa--you're rubbing off on me!

Tracy said...

::laughs:: What a wonderful idea, Christa! Okay--pretend I'm married to a Marine who is off fighting in a war. ::begins to pretend::

::starts to cry:: Noooo. I don't like this one. It's sad! How about a Scottish guy who is back in Scotland trying to finalize the buying of an old Scottish castle. *That* is much better. ;)

Disciple said...

Okay.
I just killed the Scotish man and stole his castle.
If you want it, you'll have to marry me.
HA HA!

Disciple said...

Tell the questioner to mind his own business.
Or tell lies.
If it’s none of his business, it’s not a lie.
So says St. Thomas!

Tracy said...

I did so mention my pet peeve. You just have to know in order to know. So go know.

Tracy said...

And that's a freaky picture, santa-hat-wearer.

Tracy said...

...okay...what happened?? I had *two* comments there! The other one is missing!! ...what??? This is weird....

Tracy said...

...and now it's back.

Okay.

This is ridiculous.

...*somebody* is messing with me....

Disciple said...

Santa-hat-wearer is possessed too.

Tracy said...

:::is left speechless:: I can't believe you really did it!

::laughs:: No, actually, really I can. I mean---you're you. Why wouldn't you do it? ::shakes head and laughs::

Anonymous said...

Life of Riley was really good.
Hopefully next time they play I can actually sit and listen and enjoy it. ;)

I got my shoes out of your car, Trace. Thanks for keeping them for me.

Tracy said...

Woo hoo--Marcy's back!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!! I'm back!

I think Tracy's pet peeve is when people ask her questions that she doesn't want to answer. am I right? ;)