Sunday, December 04, 2005

Writing

::drums fingers impatiently:: You would *think* that writing a short story would not be that challenging.

Well.

It is.

Why? Can somebody tell me that? Why? Why has it been two years since I've written anything of worth? Because I certainly don't know. I have a theory or two, but theories are not reasons, and they do not alleviate frustration.

God mystifies me. Be quiet. I know He's supposed to. But I feel like stating it. I am completely stumped.

Some day I'm going to be able to write again. I just have to keep trying. I'm not going to give up. I want to write. I. want. to. write. And I'm too stubborn to give up. Way, way too stubborn. Therefore, it will happen.

There's a reason for it. God has a reason for it. I don't even have to know what it is. Now, or ever. I just know it's there.

Jesu ufam tobie.

Incredibly, I have seen good come from my writer's block. Isn't that odd? I wouldn't have expected it. But it has. And it's...cool. That's why I don't usually stress about not writing. But I am tonight...sometimes it just catches up to me.

Dear God, do with me what Thou wilt.

I'm here.

And I will be here.

Waiting.

helloooo?

::sigh::

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you need is to marry Kevin and he will give you all kinds of things to write about!

Little Lizzie said...

ha ha ha... Yeah, Tracy.

Tracy said...

::rolls eyes:: Please. The basement joke is funnier.

Disciple said...

So you’re saying that God is responsible for this evil condition called “Writer’s Block”.
Interesting.

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been able to write either.

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy....I love you!
Don't be mad at me. okay?
You almost made me cry.
It's okay though, I'm in the best mood right now!
We'll all go to Ireland, sometime.
I promise!

Tracy said...

Aaaaw. I'm sorry, Marcy! I didn't mean to make you cry.

I understand what you are saying. I just wish it wasn't the case.

I know it's a hard decision, so I won't bug you about it again...after this!!! ---> Please just think about *one* more time, okay?

;)

There. I'm finished.

Anonymous said...

It's okay, it's not your fault. It's just really hard for me.

hehe..everytime I think about I start to cry.
I have been thinking about it all night, though.
I'll talk to Kerry tomorrow, and we should all get together (You, Me and Mary) and we'll talk about it. How about Tuesday?

And remember, I said I was really happy right now. :)

Anonymous said...

Can I come too? I'll pay!!!

Anonymous said...

Suuuuure...I guess.

Disciple said...

Tracy wants Marcy to move to CC too.
Snobs!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to be in Ireland with us, Ginny..?

Sure, Christa, you can come too. we would have so much fun!

I'm sure Tracy does want to move to CC, but I can't. I kind of have a family, and a job here.
Plus, I love being around people so much, I wouldn't like living in CC.
And, I'm not a snob!
Do you really think I would want to marry you, after you called me a snob?

Tracy said...

Stealing is not allowed on this blog, Christa, dear. Give it back.