Thursday, December 01, 2005

God Is Very Good

I went rock climbing this evening, and I am very happy because my knee handled it very well. It complained a couple of times as I was beginning a climb, but it stayed located. I was worried about it trying to dislocate like it did three weeks ago, but it decided it had had enough of that kind of pain, and stayed right where it was supposed to stay.

Jared was not working tonight, which was fine with me...unless you ask Jake. If you ask Jake, I was horribly dissapointed, and the only reason I'm going back next week is in the hope of finding Jared working. But if you ask Andrea, she'd say I had forgotten about Jared until we pulled into the parking lot of the climbing center.

Andrea is very smart. :)

I performed my good deed (and act of charity!) for the day after we went rock climbing. Andrea and I took ice cream to a dying man. Honestly. He was dying of boredom. He also ate too much ice cream. I hope he isn't regretting it now, because he also ate mine! But if he has a stomach ache, then he half-way deserves it because he gave me coffee in a mug that shouted "ARMY". He's getting his loyalties mixed up.

Hey, y'all have heard of abs of steel, right? Well...ANDREA has CALVES of steel!!! Seriously! She walked through a metal-detector tonight, and it kept buzzing at her. The nice guard man had to wand her. Well, at first we thought it was the pins in her cute curly hair which were causing the thing to go off, but the wand said it was her calves.

*How weird is that?????*

After all of that, I went to my brother's house to tell him goodbye. He is leaving for England tomorrow, and I won't see him until Christmas.

Only a brother like Marc could make simply standing in a garage a very pleasant experience.

So, Marc, here's to many nights of standing in a garage talking about things from cigarettes and attention, to light bulbs and hour-glasses. I love you, and I'll be praying for you. I'm proud of you.

Time passes and hurts fade. Love guides it all. Thank You, God.

Pax. :)

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST COMMENT!!! I LOVE EVERYONE!!!

Anonymous said...

C'mon Tracy how dumb can you girls be, that guard was wanting to "wand her" on purpose... y'all are lucky you got by without a more thorough search!

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! You girls are in BIG TROUBLE!!! I'm going to kill you both if you went to some dangerous bar or club or something where they had metal detectors to get in!!!

Tracy said...

Well, Anonymous, we just get so darn thirsty after we rock-climb! C'mon! Don't be upset!

Tracy said...

Well, Christa-dear, we weren't on our way to the basement *quite* yet. We had to make a stop at the MEPS to visit the poor dying man.

Sure. I guess you could say it was a "BAR", Anonymous. I mean, I did have a couple of drinks there. A coffee and a milkshake. Does that count? What is a "BAR", anyway? Does anybody *really* know?

And, Anonymous! Bring your thoughts up from the depths. The nice guard was not that kind of guard.

'Sides. We had a Marine standing there the whole time watching him wand her.

Does that work for you?

If not, I'll tell you that the Marine was her brother, and also the man we were taking ice cream to, so he was very beholden to us, and wasn't about to let Andrea and/or the ice cream get harmed.

Happy now?

Anonymous said...

Sorry Trace & Ang, the Masons made me think that...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your knees stayed where they were supposed to, Tracy.

How sweet of you and Andrea to bring her dying brother ice cream!

Awww, I didn't realize Marc-E-Pooh was leaving already.
Man, he is in the garage alot. but yeah, for some reason, you always have the best conversations when you're hanging out out side smoking.

I can't wait for Christmas, when everyone will be home again, and we all have to try to fit in one house. we're going to have an extra little baby this year. (Ryan Michael.) And maybe another one if Mandy has her baby before Christmas. It will be fun!

And by next Christmas, Ashley will have her new little baby. And I'm sure Crystal or Mandy will have another one.

It sure is growing fast!
Mana and Papaw might have to add another room on before next year. :)

Tracy said...

Thanks, Marcy!

I know. It was sweet of us. But that's just me. ;)

Hey! Who said anything about *smoking*? I said we were *standing* in the garage, goofball.

Marc will be back on the 20th, so it really won't be too long.

I know!! I *LOVE* Ryan Michael! He is such a sweetie! I was holding him last night, and he was just laughing and talking the whole time. What a wonderful nephew! :D

Christmas will be great this year. I just wish Heather and her family were coming into town....

Marcy! You're almost 19!!! WOO HOO!!!

Anonymous said...

::laughs:: sorry! it's just when you're at Marc's house and you're sitting in the garage. people are always smoking...and I'm sure you were, even though you didn't say it. ;)


Ryan Michael is totally cute!! he's the happiest little baby! I'll prolly go see the boys tomorrow when I get off work. they're so cute!

Yeah, we need Marc and Heather here at the same time so we can get our picture done. It's been like two years since our last one.

WOO HOO!!! I'm almost 19!!!
Umm...But I don't think 19 is a very exciting age, is it?

Anonymous said...

You could play footsies, that's exciting!

Anonymous said...

I *could* play footsies, But I don't that is very exciting.

Yeah, I can make 19 be a really awesome age, 'cause I'm good at that. :)

Maybe I'll get married.

Anonymous said...

When is your birthday? I want to give you something very personal and very special just for you...

Disciple said...

Andrea has calves?
That’s fantasic!
Twins, I take it.

Disciple said...

Tracy,
I’m worried about you.
You seem so emotional and sentimental.
Who do you hate?

Anonymous said...

I already said my birthday is, Dec 25th


Ummm...Please, no presents

Anonymous said...

Yeah, really!

Little Lizzie said...

::laughs:: you all crack me up...

Gosh, I am tired. All of this blog reading takes up too much time and my brain has to work WAY to hard. I am going to bed.

Tracy said...

::laughs:: Kevin! You commented on my blog when nobody was even talking about you! I feel so special!

Anonymous said...

Who shot J.R.?

Disciple said...

Well, God might be good, but you, Tracy, are not.
Like, don’t tell us how Tessie is…

Anonymous said...

odMarcy would know how much fun it is too stand in the garage and talk to Marc while smoking.
Me, I have not yet had this great honor bestowed upon me quite yet.
Hmmm.. maybe that would give me a good reason to start smoking? ;o)
I have heard from a very reliable source that someone may be coming home for a little bit when Rodney & Theres get married, Tracy. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't smoke.

Ask Tracy.

Anonymous said...

I just know while you're smoking, you alway's have the best conversations for some reason.

Anonymous said...

I like drinking with Tracy, alot better than smoking. j/k

Tracy said...

It's true. Marcy doesn't smoke.

Marcy! Don't say stuff like that! You're making me sound like some gross smokey, drinky person.

Tracy said...

::glares at Christa::

I'll have you know I don't even *have* a basement...

Anonymous said...

Who shot J.R.?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Trace!
She really isn't some gross smokey, drinky, person.

Anonymous said...

Hehe..nooo, she's just cute little Tracy.
That's all.

Tracy said...

Aaw, thanks, Marcy! You are so sweet.

Tracy said...

Yes. In the basement.

Anonymous said...

::laughs:: I don't need Tracy to get me drunk. j/k I don't ever drink.

Or smoke.

Anonymous said...

::laughs::